Saturday, August 31, 2013

NYC Summer: Evening 4 & Day 5

After the Bloomingdales event at FFFW I scurried off to the hotel in the horrors. "What a waste of time!" I complained. I was pissed off because I thought I had missed the chance to catch up with Deja. Deja was my first ever blogger buddy and a total sweet heart. We have met up every time I have been to New York. It's a personal tradition. Come to New York, visit Deja. This year was a little harder to coordinate because she had just graduated from college and was busy with her job schedule. We would text and try and tee things up but sometimes it just wouldn't work. I also didn't have internet on my phone so messages came through with every free wireless port I could find.Things seemed to work out okay because we managed to find a place and a time to meet up. To view our previous adventures

Mele & Deja 2012 CLICK HERE.

Mele & Deja 2011 CLICK HERE

Check out Deja's blog here: http://www.imjustdaisy.us/

We were so excited to talk about graduation and friends and family and future plans. Shake shack was okay. Not gross but I don't think I'll be dying to go there on my next visit. It all seemed to the one texture, just all weirdly soft and fluffy and I wasn't a fan of the fries. The shakes were yummy though.

After dinner we headed over to Crumbs to see the huge cupcakes. Sia turned her swag on to take pics and chat with the cutie behind the counter and I decided to jump on the subway with Deja while Sia and Theresa stayed to hang out in Times Square. It was great evening and I forgot all about the Bloomingdales disaster. All was right again in New York.

1)OOTD Friday 2) Bubba Gump Shrimp 3) Goodbye Pod Hotel we're off to Brooklyn
1) Shopping Soiree 2) Thursday Night OOTE 3) Lollies galore

Blazer Thrifted / Top Best and Less / Tights Target

Friday morning was our last day at the Pod Hotel. We woke up and packed up. We took some more photos of our view and doing things that had become our usual routines. We caught a cab through the rush hour to attend the shopping soiree. Wasn't really impressed with it at all. There wasn't anything I wanted to buy and there was no real atmosphere. People just wandered in and out. My sister bought a few pair of earrings but I left after about 30 minutes. Waste of money really. Vendors pay to sell and shoppers pay to shop. The whole FFFW was pretty disappointing. I missed tickets to Indie runway show and I didn't like the other 2 events I attended. The White Cruise was cool fun but if I was ever to attend again it would be to support my friend Jen sell her Seraphim label.
After we left we made our way into Times Square. My cousin wanted to eat at Bubba Gump Shrimp. I wasn't keen because I had it in Manila. It was nice but I felt it was the type of thing you only need to do once because it's quite expensive and there is so much better food around New York.


After we had lunch we organised a driver to take us to our new home in Brooklyn with Gabby and Candice. This is where our new adventures began. It was Candice's birthday and we celebrated by eating more at Dallas BBQ. The atmosphere was awesome. It was packed with families, graduation parties, birthdays and people on dates. Everyone was talking, eat and sipping on the signature frozen cocktails. We were full from lunch and decided to order one meal to share between the three of us. The meals are huge and we still had leftovers! It's definitely a place my family would love to go and eat at.

We ordered the Henney wings with corn bread and yellow rice. It's far from fine dining but that's why I loved it soooo much. Lots of hot crispy wings and rice and cornbread. The kind of food we grew up on. We drank virgin Pina Coladas and managed to pack two containers of leftovers to take home with us.







Big Love,

Falala Mele



No comments:

Post a Comment