Sunday, June 30, 2013

Summer NYC 1

So it's my first morning back. I'm in Australia and my New York summer is over yet again and now all I have is the post-travel blues. I awoke at 2:30am today and I tried to go back to sleep but I was hungry and wide awake so I thought I may as well use this time to get a post up.

I've decided to recap day by day cause it's easier that way. So here's the first recount from my adventure. Day 1 started off in Brisbane because the cheapest flights available at the time of booking had a layover in Brisbane. It was perfect because it allowed a sleepover with my fabulous Ruthie. It was a bittersweet reunion because this time last year WE were getting ready to leave for New York. Work commitments would not allow for another adventure just yet but we put into place plans for next year and it's pretty exciting! Travel, moving, changes in jobs. This shot is a preview of 2014 solo crew.

So our first day went like this. Early start. Forget the only essential item necessary to long haul flights. Run around Brisbane trying to purchase a damn pillow. Leaving Brisbane and saying goodbye to Ruth. Sitting on a plane. Walking around LAX trying to make sense of the backwards service and airport = 2 hours of hell. Eating. Back on a plane. Waiting. Arriving. Check in. Shower. Walk to Grand Central Terminal. Pizza= Hell Yes! Shuttle to Times Square. Shopping. Subway with a friendly hustler selling $2 swipes onto the subway. Duane Reed for supplies (aka JUNK and black cherry ice teas). Instagram uploads. Sleep.

1. Night Flyer 2. Travel OOTD 3. Arrival in NY 4. Food in LA 
1. We 3 2. Shoe shopping 3. Times Square 4. Grand Central Terminal
1. Wandering Times Square 2. Beer the size of ones head 3. Junk run 4. Cabs



We were so happy to get our very own little balcony at the Pod Hotel. Oh shit. I miss this view.



Big Love,


Falala Mele x

11 comments:

  1. I miss the view too. Can't believe we're not there anymore. It kind of feels like a dream to me. How about you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I'm now starved of beautiful things and a fast city. Poor Australia just doesn't compare. I miss you too Jen-dawg!!!! Dayum dayum dayummmm

      Delete
  2. Tell me more, tell me more :) I am looking forward to the next post, I'm glad you enjoyed it, some reviews I have read so far about FFFweek aren't that great :( I so can't wait to experience it for myself, but I have to wait two years for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiiiii Margaret! Yeah I had an awesome time but I didn't attend a lot of FFFW stuff and I didn't LOVE it. I will write about it soon. Excited for you to visit NY though~ Life changing!

      Delete
  3. Cant wait to read the next day, am so jealous of you guys that went there... maybe one year I will get there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do find your way to NY Jackie....It is definitely a worthwhile experience :)

      Delete
  4. Omg that view is amazing! Glad you had a good time! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love reading everyones post of their NY experience. Im about to go and stalk your blog for your trip :)

      Delete
  5. you girls look like rockstars! i love all-girl traveling together, we can get up to all sorts of mischief lol
    luv,
    jijixx

    ReplyDelete
  6. you girls look like rockstars! i love all-girl traveling together, we can get up to all sorts of mischief lol
    luv,
    jijixx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is the best hey Jiji.....Still master minding an opportunity to visit you!!!! I know we'll have a blast....eating, kareoke and all that jazz!

      Delete