Monday, October 10, 2011

BNNM OOTD .1


Hello friends! How are you all? I'm happy that I finally have some time to start posting my BNNM outfits. So most days it has been pretty casual, but I am either wearing my opshop/thrifted finds or my old faithful clothes that have been sitting in my closet for a while.

 I have had a few fruitful visits to my local second hand shops. and have walked away with many wonderful finds at AMAZING PRICES!!! My Mother, cousins and friends are all eager to go treasure hunting with me and my cousin Tashia who was featured in my previous post here, said "Going into shopping centres is not same anymore, I don't find it interesting shopping in them, it's not fun and everyone ends up wearing the same thing". I have to say that I agree whole-heartedly with her!

Throughout this challenge I haven't really found it hard not to buy anything new. There was only one item that I really wanted. It was a gold thick rock chain, and the price was reasonable ($10) and I walked away from it....(slowly), but as for clothes I look at clothes in retail stores and find them even more ridiculously priced than ever before. I also haven't seen anything that I have really WANTED.... I think it may be a different story if I was in America (I seriously fell in love with Forever 21 clothes and prices) but the stores in Australia are in some serious need of inspiration >,<

ANYWAYS, back to my outfit....apologies for the lack of a full outfit shot. My sister has her camera with them on it and I only had a few on my camera. I found this cute dark blue polka dot top for $2 and it was fairly cold so I just wore my old back leggings and a black sweater. It was pretty basic and simple. But that is how I like it. I finally had some time to meet up with some of my college sisters. It's been nearly two years since graduation and it becomes increasingly hard to catch up.


Jenny and Theresa are wearing their second hand jackets. Jenny paid $2 for hers & Theresa found hers at Vinnies for $2
This is my girl Amy, we studied the same course so we were in all our classes together.


Out of the 6 girls here, 5 of us are teachers.
After dinner and dancing, it's time for fun and games at Cronulla Beach.


Stay tuned as I will be posting more BNNM outfit posts, I will also be featuring some of my favourite blogger thrifters and I also had a wonderful email which I will tell you more about in my next post.

I hope you are saving money, reusing items, buying less and making the most of what you have, while looking like a BOSS!


Big Love,

Falala Mele


4 comments:

  1. I bow down to your thrifting abilities....but idk why, in my home town finding stuff above a certain size in a charity shop is impossible. However, so far I've stuck to my own little challenge of buying nothing new and wearing what I've got.....not resisted on the jewellery front, but hey, gotta get my retail fix somehow!

    You always manage to blog posts that look like so much fun, and that make me wish I lived on the other side of the world, because clearly thats where the fun is at!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your strength! Being on a 100% shopping ban, I can say that it DOES get easier. I promise you that! :) Love that top! The pattern is cute, and it's a total steal for $2!
    ♥ laura

    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  3. Confusedbrit: Thats so cool that you have adapted the challenge to suit you. Any decision to make little changes is always good. Now what I would really love to do is to find some stuff over here and post it over to you. If you would like (give me a rough idea of size and things that you like and I will find some items and post them to you).

    I received an email from an Australian reader and she had two thrifted dresses she thought I might like so she posted them to me and now I want to pay it forward... What do you think?

    Laura: I will have to try that 100% shopping ban. How long are you doing it for? It's terrible ASOS is having a huge sale and Im not even looking at the email cause I dont want to be even be tempted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg! that food looks scrumptious and you guys really had a freaking blast! so pretty in those polka dots too <33

    you are going so strong w/ your challenge I wish I could be more like you :D

    xoxo,
    daisy

    ReplyDelete