Saturday, July 23, 2011

baby it's you

I have been debating how I am going to share my pictures with you all....I was going to upload day by day OOTD shots but then I thought I would just start sharing because otherwise it might not happen at all. So this outfit was worn when I went to watch the Broadway show "Baby it's You" the untold story of The Shirelles. I didn't even know this show was running until I saw a big advertisement on the side of a bus and I just knew I had to see it because my sister and I are a big fan of The Shirelles.

When the show first started I thought "Oh no is this just going to be a tribute-like knock-off show"....but thankfully IT WAS AMAZING!!! We all cried......the lady who plays the manager of the girl group....she was such a standout....it was lovely to hear their songs in the context of her life...... Go and see it if you are there or if you love old school music like I do.

As for the outfit...I wanted to wear something cute and old school. So I thought it was time to pull out my pretty dress I pulled outta the free pile. Its a vintage dress that had long sleeves and a longer hemline. Without the alterations I felt a bit swallowed by the dress but after I shorted the hemline and sleeves.....I just fell in love wit it. I just kept everything simple and understated with just a lick of red polish and red lips to bring it all together.

After the show my friends and I wondered around Times Square......it was so crowded and I thought about how eerie the place would be with all the lights flashing with no one around....so if you have been there...imagine what it would be like if you were the only person there.....weird aye.....
but yeah here's my free pile dress.....I love it....what do you think?

Meet my lovely friend Rhiannon. She's on lookbook if you're interested in following her.

Big Love,

Falala Mele xo

3 comments:

  1. Times Square is one of my all time favorite places! And your outfit is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mele, I have definitely missed you and your posts. So glad you are back!! I first looked at that dress and I knew it was vintage (You KNOW i'm in love with it right) I LOVEEEEEEEEEE the alternations; it makes it so sexy and chic. Glad you're having fun in the U.S!!

    Love ya
    SheDel

    P.S. tell your friend Rhiannon one of your followers thinks she is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fly

    http://mythriftedcloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. you all look soooo freaking cute! i'm so glad i got a chance to meet u all :) i'm gonna be putting up a post soon about our meeting <33

    xoxo,
    daisy

    ReplyDelete