Saturday, April 9, 2011

Soon I'll be dreaming of Broome

Very early tomorrow morning I will be leaving at 3am to travel to Broome (so basically in 3 hours). I'm going for a Professional Development Conference with all the other Independent Schools in Western Australia. The conference will be held at the Cable Beach Spa & Resort looking over Broome's beautiful Cable Beach. It's so hard to stay focused on what people are saying during the seminars because I would rather be outside exploring Broome itself. 

You can smell the frangipanis in the breeze, see big crocodiles or camels giving tourists a scenic tour of Broome and there are also coconut trees that litter the roadside. 


 1) Thats where the conference will be held
2)Thats where I will be staying
3)Seats at the old school outdoor theatre

Another cool thing about Broome is that it has the oldest operating Outdoor picture theatre in the world and it produces up to 60% of the worlds South Sea Cultured Pearls....so I'm hoping to get my hands on a pair of pearl earrings or something pearl for my first follower giveaway. I'm on the hunt for something pretty and pearly....stay tuned for the giveaway details...

Here is the trailer for the Australian movie Bran Nue Dae featuring the beautiful Broome. Enjoy

Big Love,

Falala Mele xo

1 comment: